Friday, May 18, 2012

Ho! Boy ... 2011.

It's been a magnificently crazy year ... Lost friends, gained some more, lost a lot of confidence, gained some of it back, met a whole load of people, some stayed, some did'nt, and there you have it! A perfect Ezekiel's wheel ... Does seem true ... That the "Truth always seems stranger than fiction" ... Life's been an absolute pleasure of a roller-coaster though there have been times when all I felt like doing, was to get off ... We don't realise this, but if we really look? I mean Open-your-effin-eyes-and-look, sometimes there ARE NO extenuating circumstances to stop us from being who we want to be, or being where, we want to go. It's just us, and the walls we build, out of fear of distancing ourselves from norms of what WE think, society has paved for us.

Cliched? It is. But it also is a fact. How many times have we, as teenage rebels done things just 'cause someone said we would'nt be able to???? Pretty much forms the crux of those crazy bets, mishaps, outta the blue fractures and accidents which drove our folks up the wall, right? :-)

I for one, have decided that astrology, Science maybe, fact maybe, truth maybe, figment of human thought maybe, is not going to dictate what path my life will take. I've had astrologers "predict" that I'd lose weight only after I got married ... I mean, give me a break, will you? How can anyone predict that? :-D Ridiculous!

That's decision 1. Onto decision 2. Met someone awesome. I mean seriously nice and a complete charmer through the folks. Serious enough to have me falling head over heels (again? Not quite like the last time) in a very atypically me, way. I CANNOT imagine myself feeling for someone, anyone, the cynical being I am. :P And ah, well, lesson learnt. Rather, lessons learnt:

1) Listen to well-meaning friends about what's to be done and what's not.

2) Don't be needy. There's no need for daily convis (Hate the last guy I met, for this!), or messages. Yuk! :-)

3) Listen to experienced friends and not friends who have'nt had such experiences before for sensible, rational, or practical advice.

4) We're women, at the end of the day and need not act pricey to get the guys we want (humility helps), but need to remember that if you value someone too much in too short a time, it's turns inversely proportional- the amount they gradually value you.

5) Don't ever sell yourself short. Life is, but your value is'nt.

6) If you find yourself emotionally vulnerable enough to "want" someone so badly-that-you'd-die-if-you-did'nt-get-him types, step back. It hurts, but what the hell, it's better than falling straight in "love", obsessing over it and having your heart shattered where it was'nt even warranted! Thank God I didn't go there. :)

7) I've always counselled friends and people who speak to me, about confidence, trust, understanding and respect being the 4 pillars of any relationship. It's funny. It's almost as if I hadd to run through the motions and the angst of what first timers in relationships or potential relationships face. I ended up breaking the cardinal rules. Anyway, met some more "prospectives" and discovered a dangerous truth lurking behind it all. Meeting and greeting sessions actually do end up having some amount of an effect on who we are, and how we perceive people.

Here's to 2011 and the days that went by. I don't mean to make this an ultra gloomy blog, but at a stage where I'm starting afresh so this is like a prelude to what is to come.

Hopefully greener pastures, or spring flowers in existing ones. Who knows? Apart from someone up there? :-) (P.S: Personally, I'd prefer spring flowers in the existent pasture, but sigh). :-)

No comments: