Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finally! I'm done!
Took my first decision without re-thinking and going, "What if"? Yay!
What-if's are endless and that's how we screw up decisions ... So no more of those! What would make me happy? Where do I see myself now? in a few years?
1) Travelling, working and staying outside India for a while to earn my moolah, experiencing life on my own, living on my own terms, in an open, expansive environment.
2) Doing something related to kids and music.
3) Working hard in a job I like, to fuel what I want to do.
How does marriage and settling down feed into all of this?
1) It's a beautiful phase to commit\settle\live with someone who shares ideals, values and a similar outlook with you on life.
2) Gone are the days when it was THE thing for a woman to do, keeping all else aside.
3) Yes we have biological clocks ticking, but what would we do, producing kids out of a loveless marriage?
4) Do doing these duties certainly guarantee a certificate or award of commitment or fulfillment for a woman?
These are some slightly unsettling thoughts which had been gut-punching me for a while. I'm done processing each of these, pros and cons, looking at various angles to weed out those irrelevant to me, and have only kept those which are relevant.
Forces you to think ... Really.

No comments: